Healthy mint choc chip smoothie recipe ...
When I hear the term “mint choc chip” I instantly think of Baskin and Robins. Thankfully, this recipe is far from fatty but equally as delicious believe it or not. In an effort to be healthier and have more energy for long in the mornings, I have replaced the humble Vegemite on toast with smoothies. I started to tire from the stock standard banana-and-honey variety so I have been getting adventurous. This recipe is diary and sugar free and packed with energy thanks to the nuts and avocado. Some ingredients are better frozen, but no issue if you haven’t had time to throw them in the freezer.
What you need:
- A tray of ice
- 1 cup of almond milk (this can substituted with soy, rice or coconut milk)
- 1 table spoon of raw cocoa powder
- Half a cup of walnuts (these are the “chips”)
- 3 frozen dates (these also add some yummy chunks)
- Handful of frozen mint leaves
- An avocado
- A dash of agave syrup
- Optional: add real raw dark chocolate chips in, as pictured.
What you need to do:
Chuck it all in a blender and blend it until it is a nice a smooth. Add more almond milk if required.