You will notice that this month I went to the lovely little city, Adelaide, home to Coopers beer which was enjoyed over the weekend of festivals. WOMad and The Fringe were so much fun; I am already looking forward to next year. I also had the pleasure of attending my first Taste festival and I it definitely won’t be my last – I had an awesome day, which turned into night tasting some of the best food and wine from across the world (lots of African beer this month!). Beers up!
1. Sapporo, JAP – an iconic beer form the land of great food and in this case, great beer
2. Thomas Coopers Selection, SA – Good ‘ol fashioned pale ale
3. Coopers 62, SA – dense, rich and I couldn’t drink 62 of them
4. Coopers 5 Seeds, SA – Another variation of a much loved SA Great brewery
5. Coopers Clear, SA – Just like the rest of the Coopers family, only clear
6. Dr Tims, SA – Drinking Tim out of a tinny – you don’t get much more aussie than that!
7. The Hills Cider Company, SA – Made from freshly picked fruit from the Adeliade Hills, no complaints here
8. Pacifico Clara Cerveza, MEX – A happy, hoppy pilsner beer
9. Tusker African Lager Beer, KEN – I like the beer more than I like tusking
10. Tusker Malt Lager, KEN – Made from 100% African ingredients, it was refreshing as the salesman himself (legend!)
11. Sail & Anchor Boats Bind Amber Ale, WA – great branding and taste
12. Sail & Anchor Larks Foot Golden Ale, WA – awesome name, and my favourite from this brewer
13. Sail & Anchor Monkey Fist Pale Ale, WA – The flavour is far better than a fist to the trotter
14. Wiked Cider, QLD – another boutique apple cider on the market… still not sick of them!
15. Sail & Anchor, WA –
16. Crabbies Spiced Orange Ginger Beer – a beer meets vodka cruise flavour – it gets my vote!
17. Reef Blonde, QLD – blondes have more fun, even when they are beer
18. Blue Sky Pilsner, QLD – Award winning, clean refreshing taste
19. FNQ Lager, QLD – Nothin’ bogan about this brand, other than the taste of this beer
20. Cairns Gold, QLD – Robust flavours, but not flavours for me
21. ELK Pear Cider – Sweeeeeeet, far too sweet for this little piggy
22. Hang Man Pale Ale by The Rocks Brewing Company, SYD - good balance of hanging between bitter and sweet
23. Convict Lager by The Rocks Brewing Company, SYD – Dark, brooding, just like a convict
24. Boxer Red Ale by The Rocks Brewing Company, SYD – Punches some chocolatey flavours
25. Australian Beer Company Cider – I think I have found a new fridge staple, freshingly delicious!
26. Balmain Brewery Pale Ale, SYD – Pales in comparison to other pale ales
27. Balmain Brewery Pilsner, SYD – Not to bitter and even tastes a little nutty
28. ELK Cider Berries & Lime, VIC – Tasting more berries than I am lime, great on ice but too sweet to repeat
29. Grand Ridge Natural Blonde, VIC – Taste a little like coriander… which I love!
30. Grand Ridge Wheat Beer, VIC – heavy and, you guessed it, wheat!
31. Grand Bridge Pale Ale, VIC – Smooth, refreshing and full of flavour